DeVilbiss has designed the IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust with Heated Humidifier and PulseDose with the latest advancements in sleep technology to offer effective treatment, while giving the patient maximum comfort during their sleep therapy.
The IntelliPAP 2 comes loaded with all the features you need to have a good night’s sleep. Features like the PureView AutoAdjust Algorithm along with the all new PulseDose, is a combination that can’t be beat!
DeVilbiss is always improving their designs to not only give you the latest up-to-date technology, at the same time making sure their products are User Friendly.
Features of the PulseDose Humidification
- The PulseDose Heated Humidification System is a truly innovative approach to managing rainout in the patient tubing and mask. A predictive algorithm provides bolus of humidified air to the patient during inhalation to ensure proper humidification. During exhalation, dry air is used to flush the humidity from the tube to reduce the chance of rainout.
- How it Works: During a normal breath cycle, a patient inhales approximately 33% and exhales 66% of the time. A predictive algorithm based on this natural breathing pattern ensures a consistent bolus of humidified air starts to be delivered at inhalation. When the patient begins to exhale, a valve silently rotates to deliver room air to clear the tube of excess humidification. Download the Pulse Dose Brochure which may better explain the technology.
- Inhalation: Heated and humidifier is delivered to patient during inhalation.
- Exhalation: During exhalation, the humidifier is bypassed and dry air flows through the tube to reduce rainout.
- PulseDose Breath Pattern: A bolus of heated, humidified air is delivered during inhalation versus dry air during exhalation.
- Power Comsumption: PulseDose humidification not only uses less power than heated tubes, but actually uses less power than standard humidification. Bench top testing indicates an average of 10-15% reduction in power consumption compared to standard humidification. Not only does this provide electricity savings at home, but also less draw on batteries for longer run times.
- Humidification: Provides more humidification to the patient than standard humidification. During bench top testing**, it was demonstrated that PulseDose is able to provide more efficient humidification via bolus delivery of humidified air because it does not need to limit the humidification to minimize rainout.
Key Benefits of PulseDose Humidification
- Dramatically reduces rainout in the tubing
- Able to use standard tubing
- Lower power consumption than heated tubes or standard humidification
- Uses less water than other humidification systems
- Quiet operation
Features of PureView™ AutoAdjust® Algorithm
- PureView™ AutoAdjust® Algorithm: identifies a broad base of respiratory events and automatically adjust pressure based on the most relevant events. The reporting gives you information for any type of condition from simple obstructive apnea to the most complex apnea. Keeping the patient informed with everything going on in their sleep therapy.
- Respiratory events: Events including obstructive apnea, hypopnea, central apnea, arousal-flow-based respiratory event related arousals (RERAs). Central apneas are identified by use of a small flow signal to identify the status of the airway during apnea, much like sonar uses sound waves to determine the location of an object.
- Periodic Breathing: The PureView Algorithm identifies periodic breathing greater than 20 seconds with repetitive cycles. This allows the algorithm to identify whether the patient has periodic breathing, central sleep apnea, or complex apnea. This technology can detect short cycle (30 sec) and long cycle (Cheyne-Stokes Respiration) periodic breathing.
- Flow Limitation: Flow limitation is a flattening of the flow signal and used by the algorithm to predict further obstructive events that can be a precursor to snore and hypopnea or apnea.
- Heated Humidifier: At the humidifier’s highest setting, you can still expect a full 8 hours of humidification. Humidification is an important component to your sleep therapy. When warm, moist air is provided with the constant air pressure, it provides a balance to the nasal cavity that feels like a more natural breathing experience. This makes the CPAP patient feel more comfortable with the therapy and therefore more successful.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth technology enables wireless communication between the IntelliPAP 2 and associated components and accessories.
- SmartLink App: Provides an interactive means for patients to stay engaged with their therapy, while also wirelessly transmitting data to the provider.
- SmartLink Web: A web-based patient management solution that provides wireless data retrieval and automated patient follow-up. It collects, stores, and analyzes all of your patient’s SmartCodes and alerts you if there is a potential issue.
- SmartLink SD Card: Integrated SD card in every unit that provides detailed patient data.
- SmartLink Desktop: Provides an interactive patient management system for viewing patient data. Provides options for wireless and SD card data collection. Clinicians can view breath-by-breath data similar to diagnostic software.
- SmartCode Technology: Patented technology uses a proprietary encryption method that compresses CPAP data into codes that are accessed on the CPAP display. Summary data is available when the code is decrypted – SmartCode now includes data information, flow limitation, and central apnea. SmartCode Rx enables remote changes of prescription through an encrypted code.
- IntelliPAP.com: Web-based SmartCode Report Generator.
- Nonin® Oximeter: Use the Nonin WristOx2® wireless oximeter as an option to monitor oxygen levels throughout the night.
- User Interface: The large color screen and intuitive control knob make setting up and using the IntelliPAP 2 incredibly simple. Graphical displays of functions like SmartFlex™ and Flow Rounding™ become easy to interpret and adjust. A digital clock is displayed as a screen saver and the display’s brightness can be adjusted, set to dim automatically, or turned off completely.