Do I have a higher risk of getting coronavirus because I have sleep apnea?
There is no evidence linking sleep apnea with coronavirus risk. People who have a higher risk for severe illness from the coronavirus include:
- Those who are 65 years of age or older
- Those who have serious underlying medical conditions. These conditions include
- Chronic lung disease
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Serious heart conditions
- Severe obesity with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher
- Chronic kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Those who have a medical disorder, or take a medication, that weakens the immune system.
- Those who have had close contact with another person who has the coronavirus.